Per Diem Operating Registered Nurse actively participates as an accountable member of the health care team and supervises care by Certified Nurse Assistants, and services of non-licensed personnel.
The Registered Nurse, as a professional practitioner, assumes responsibility and accountability for the application of the nursing process and the delivery of patient care. The Registered Nurse demonstrates his/her ability to make clinical judgments in an efficient and effective manner, without supervision. He/she demonstrates critical thinking and performance ability in the coordination of patient care and consistently performs according to the standards of the profession. He/she assumes ultimate responsibility and accountability in managing his/her patient care and in assisting others in the management/delivery of patient care.
- Qualified candidates must possess the following requirements:
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
- Current New Jersey Registered Nurse License·
- Current certification; BLS, ACLS, and PALS
- Advanced certification preferred
- Required experience:
- Experience Required in the OR: 2 years
- The ability to plan, organize and delegate to ensure all jobs required are performed.
- The ability to use a computer to aid in the automation and function of certain patient processes.
- Excellent oral, written and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, handle stressful situations and handle multiple priorities.